13.5.2014 Successes and Failures in Telehealth (SFT-14)
The University of Queensland’s Centre for Online Health in conjunction with the Australasian Telehealth Society is pleased to announce plans for the 2014 International Conference on Successes and Failures in Telehealth (SFT-14) .
SFT-14 and the 5th Annual Meeting of the Australasian Telehealth Society will be held from 17-18 November 2014 at the Hilton Adelaide, South Australia.
SFT-14 is expected to attract around 200 delegates, including academics, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, government representatives, policy advisers, managers and technicians.
This year’s conference program will offer a diverse range of presentations in a variety of formats, including academic paper presentations, clinician experiences, industry showcase, government telehealth initiatives, poster presentations and telehealth demonstrations.
We hope that you will consider sharing your experience at this conference and look forward to receiving your abstract.
Associate Professor Anthony Smith
Scientific Program Chair, SFT Conference
Deputy Director, Centre for Online Health, The University of Queensland, Australia
President, Australasian Telehealth Society
Call for Abstracts
The scientific committee would like to invite you to participate as a presenter at the conference. We are seeking submissions relating to the clinical use of telehealth across a range of settings including hospitals, general practice, residential aged care facilities, the home and in community health.
- Clinical applications of telehealth
- Telehealth for chronic disease management
- Telehealth in acute care
- Telecare and remote patient monitoring
- International perspectives in telehealth
- Telehealth in developing countries
- Electronic records management
- Telehealth models of care
- Telehealth policy and governance
- Telehealth service evaluation
- Telehealth education and training
- Business models for telehealth
- Grand challenges in clinical telehealth
- Software and systems for telehealth
Abstracts Close: 30 June 2014
Review of Abstracts: 2 July 2014
Notification to Authors: 29 July 2014
Draft Program Available: 11 August 2014
Early Bird Registration Closes: 10 October 2014
Conference Day 1: 17 November 2014
Conference Day 2: 18 November 2014
Become a Member of the Australasian Telehealth Society
The Australasian TeleHealth Society (ATHS) is a ‘non-profit organisation’ that is the number one authority that keeps members up to date with developments and evidence based strategies in telehealth and is part of the International Society for Telemedicine and eHealth (ISfTeH).
ATHS has the following objectives:
- to further the intellectual and professional interests of telehealth researchers and practitioners within Australia and New Zealand to promote relevant local, national and international telehealth activities generally within Australia and New Zealand;
- to encourage ATHS membership and to organise appropriate local, national and international activities and conferences for ATHS members;
- to provide a channel for communication between ATHS members and other relevant local, national and international entities, including ISfTeH.
Benefits of being an ATHS member:
- Being part of the only organisation which covers the telehealth community
- Access to telehealth news and notification of events through the ATHS fortnightly newsletter
- Discounted attendance at ATHS events
- Being able to contribute to the aims of the society, ATHS activity and National Strategy
- Access to news about jobs, new products and services
Registration is easy so please subscribe to ATHS at: http://aths.org.au/membership/
Visit www.sftconference.com Event hashtag: #SFT14